Friday, July 4, 2008

Firework Extravaganza



Last night, 18 of our family and close friends parked at the top of our new lot and watched the Canyon West Fireworks Extravaganza. The view was AWESOME! Maybe next year there will be an actual house (and driveway) to visit. We had quite an eventful night....

#1- I got our truck stuck on the incline. Yes, I'm well aware you

approach a steep grade at an angle. Ironically I told the boys

that same instruction on their 4-wheelers in the back yard. However, I was

trying to follow tracks that obviously did not belong to a truck

(obviously)! Luckily my brother-in-law had a bungy rope and

with all the men's help...we became unstuck- with minimal damage!

#2- Our new neighbors put on a show of self importance. You just had

to be there to fully understand!

#3- As we were leaving, the gates to exit would not open. We were stuck

waiting until our "important neighbor" came to open the gates.

#4- We got to sit in line on the access road out of the gates for quite a

while waiting on the firework traffic.

#5- We ended the night with some Guitar Hero at Bryan and Laci's.

My boys are quite good at the guitar......my future rock stars!

All in all, an outstanding night. Now we have at least 4 things to laugh about tonight at Missy's 4th of July party!

No comments: